A Wonderful Day!
Today is a good day all over Brazil! It is the first day of the World Cup! We are having riots and protests, yet at the same time, it is one of the few days that many Brazilians show their patriotic colors!
What does this mean to me as a Brazilian?
- It means I need to show my patriotism!
- It means party time!
- It means this afternoon is a holiday!
- It means you are going to sit on the edge of your seat waiting for a goal!
- It means frustration when the ball does not go in the goal!
- It means I am a part of the only country to win at least 5 World Cups!
- It means I am cheering for a 6th World Cup!
- It means food, fun, and fellowship!
- It means talking about Brazil’s political, educational, financial, and health care status!
- It means fireworks, loud noises, honking, yelling, and just about anything that makes noise!
What does it mean to me as a father?
- I had to buy all of my boys a Brazil shirt!
- Our whole family is cheering for Brazil!
- It is a time to make memories for my children!
- I must know the answer to questions about who won the last ten World Cups, what teams have a chance to win this year, and is one team better than the other (most of which I do not know how to answer)!
- I must talk to my children about the real needs in Brazil!
What does this mean to me as a missionary?
- Many months have been spent in preparation for the next 30 days!
- Hours of praying that God would use the materials and work in the lives of individuals!
- I have designed a website specifically for this occassion! (www.truevictory.net)
- We have encouraged many people to get involved in reaching the lost and distributing the message of salvation to people from dozens of countries that will be at our doorstep!
- Churches have been encouraged to participate!
- Millions of Gospel tracts and Bible portions have been prepared for distribution during the next 30 days!
- Millions of people in Brazil will receive the Gospel through literature and the internet over the next 30 days!
- Some people will find true victory in their lives through Jesus Christ and His finished work on the cross!
Please help us pray!!!